Tuesday, April 21, 2015

4....Going On 14!

Zuri always says things that make me wonder, "Where in the world did she come up with that?"  Today was no different.  Here are a few examples:

On the way to school, we had this conversation:

Zuri: Mommy, why is moon out?
Me: The moon isn't out.
Zuri: Yes it is, see?  The sun has spots and the moon doesn't so that's the moon.
Me: The sun does not have spots and the moon does so that is the sun you are seeing.
Zuri: Don't you remember on Peppa Pig when the moon was out and Peppa said the moon didn't have spots?  So.....my question to you is: why is the moon out?
Me: {cursing Peppa Pig in my head} Zuri, despite what Peppa Pig said, that is in fact the sun you are seeing.

After picking her up from in-studio recital rehearsal:

Zuri: Mom, why is Dad here?
Me: I picked him up.
Zuri: You aren't supposed to leave me here.  That's not very nice.
Me: Ms. Katie said I could leave because you were busy with your rehearsal.
Zuri: Well, that's not very nice.

While eating a cookie at the mall, I asked Zuri for a bite:

Zuri: You can't have a bite.
Me: Just one little bite?
Zuri: {Hands me a small bite - see picture below} You get one bite.  Here.

After using the restroom at the mall, she was getting under my skin so I took off ahead of her and Brent. I heard her say, "Mommy, are you still mad at me?"  Brent said some lady looked at Zuri like, "Awwww." I told her I was just frustrated, not mad at her.  Then she stopped at the rides and I said, "Come on."  I kept walking towards Von Maur.  Brent was with Zuri and they weren't that far behind me.  Once I am inside Von Maur, I hear, "Mommy!  Wait!!  Stop!!"  I turn around and Zuri said, "You can't run away from me!"  Again, there were 4 people there who heard her.  I probably seemed like mother of the year!  lol

I swear she has been invaded by a teenager!!!

While watching a show at home after the mall, she saw an informercial for some indoor gym.  She told us she wants an indoor gym because she "can't always play outside when it's raining" and "mommy and daddy are not too busy."  She said she can't order it though "because the TV said she has to be 18 or older to order and I am not 18 yet."  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment