Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Surgery follow up, stinky feet, and insects....

Zuri had her follow up appointment yesterday with the surgeon.  The drainage tubes were removed and I was advised to keep Zuri home until the wounds closed up completely and healed.  She did so well.  Much better than mommy (although I didn't cry).  I had my daddy there with me to help keep me calm.  :)  Grandpa John bought this outfit for Zuri so she told me she wanted to wear it for her appointment.



Not more than an hour after we got home, she had a dirty diaper that got her outfit VERY dirty (remember this)!!!  We had to change into another cute outfit - I mean, what outfit isn't cute on this little girl?!


Around 3, we decided to go visit Miss Claudia and Miss Elena at daycare.  They have missed Zuri so much and she has missed them.  I was bad and didn't get any pictures.  But Zuri lit up when she saw them.  That helps me know she will be okay next week when she goes back!  So on the way to see them, I was talking to cousin Tony when I saw this crazy man with his foot out the window.  I see passengers do this all the time, but never a driver!!!  He had no shoe on either - just his stinky sock.  I had to tell Tony to hold on so I could get a picture while we were stopped at the light.  :)


Okay, so today I had previously scheduled the PACE (Paralegal Advanced Competency Exam).  I didn't think about rescheduling with all that has happened with Zuri.  Well, I didn't think about it until yesterday and it was too late to reschedule.  So Aunt Junie came to watch Zuri while I took the exam.  I didn't have time to study so I was nervous.  2 hours later, I hit the results button and...........I PASSED!!!!  I am now a Registered Paralegal!!!  :)  Before the exam though, I was doing laundry when I came across this....


OMG - I freaked (but notice I had time to get my camera to take a picture.)!  Our laundry cabinet had fallen Sunday night so that's why there was stuff in the utility sink.  I was taking it all out to rinse off Zuri's dirty clothes from yesterday (remember what I mentioned above?).  I was able to compose myself and trap the big nasty spider under a cup.  Then I proceeded to rinse off the clothes.  So the spider had to deal with hot water and poo!  After rinsing off the clothes and putting them in the washer, I sprayed the spider with Lysol and......


Maybe I should become a "Registered" Exterminator.....

No comments:

Post a Comment