Friday, September 7, 2012

18 months

Princess Zuri is now 18 months old; I can't believe it!  Thanks to my friend Ashley, I have already started thinking about dance.  We are probably 6 months away from her starting dance......ahhhhhhh!!!  Yes, seriously 6 months.  My friend's daughter is majoring in dance and I contacted her to see what age she started ---- 2.  I asked my other friend when she put her daughter in dance ---- 2.  That can't be right.  I am not ready for the extra curricular activities.  I should have several more years before all that!!!  Of course "I" includes Brent.  Contrary to popular belief that wives speak for husbands ALL.THE.TIME, I try not to speak for Brent, but I think he'd agree that he's not ready either.

There's not a ton to update with since the 15 month post.  Zuri has 16 teeth now.  She can (and does) say anything.  She is super smart (I'm not biased or anything).  She loves her friends at school.  She talks about them a lot!  She likes to talk on the phone to papaw.  By that, I mean that she pretends she is talking to papaw.  When I actually do call him so she can talk, she won't say a word.  Tonight, she called Uncle Eric without us realizing it.  She was "talking" to "papaw" as she usually does and I heard a voice on the other end.  LOL  Sorry for the "Zuri dial" Uncle Eric!

Zuri has been having issues sleeping.  We assume she is having night terrors.  For the past 6 weeks or so, she has been waking up between 11:30pm and 12:30am at least once a week.  This past week, it has happened more often.  The first night, we thought she was just fussing so we tried getting her back in her crib.  She was fine while we were holding her, but freaked when we would try to lay her down.  We got about 3 hours of sleep that night --- a work night, nonetheless.  After that, we resorted to just putting her in bed with us.  I plan to talk to her pediatrician about it at her 18 month checkup this week.  Hopefully there is something we can do to help or she has some advice for us!
************************
Dear Zuri Lane,

You are by far the most loving, caring, adorable, spoiled rotten, intelligent, rambunctious, tiresome, precious little girl we know.  You make our days brighter.  We cherish each and every day with you.  We could not ask for a better daughter.

We do have one request: please stop growing up so fast!!!!!

Love,
Mommy & Daddy
************************
Here's a picture because I know you're all dying for one!  ;o)
Daddy, I hope you don't mind I borrowed your Dolphins jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment