Sunday, July 15, 2012

Merry-Go-Round, Shopping, Swimming, & Elmo

Daddy wasn't feeling well yesterday so Zuri and I decided to get out of the house for a few hours so he could rest.  Mommy missed a pool party with friends, but I suppose it was worth it if Daddy was able to rest.  ;o)  We met Julie and Kyle for lunch and then hit the mall with Julie.  We can't walk past the merry-go-round without at least 1 ride!
Yay!!
Zuri's new thing is to play in the water in the sink.  She also likes to "wash" her dishes.
I asked her to wash her face....
Brent and I had plans to go to the Indians game.  I wasn't sure if we would make it since he wasn't feeling well, but we decided to still go.  My dad and Andrea watched Zuri for us.  Zuri had only napped for 30 minutes so about 5 minutes after Brent and I left, I got a text from my dad saying Zuri was falling asleep already.  That was about 6:30!  I felt bad they didn't get to hang out with her much, but I found out that she woke up about 7:00 and after 10 minutes of her crying, my dad went and "rescued" her.  She stayed up until about 9:00 or 9:30.  My dad asked me today what time she got up and I told him that she was up at her normal time (6:45am)!
Tired baby!!

This morning, we went to the grocery store.  Zuri insisted on walking and started to pick up things along the way.  I couldn't get a good enough picture, but this will do.
Cheese and pita chips.....great combo!
 As we were leaving, she saw these carts and screamed politely asked to sit in and "drive".  Daddy took her around the car a few times before we made her get out and get in the car she told us she was ready to go.
Beep, Beep!
Chris and Nichole invited us over for swimming.  Zuri had a blast!  She ended up falling asleep on Daddy's shoulder.
I just love how she sleeps!!!
Do you know what Zuri's favorite app on Mommy's iPhone is?  Elmo Calls!!!  It's pretty neat.  You open the app and Elmo does Face Time with you.  You can download different conversations and even schedule a time for Elmo to call!!  I took a picture of Zuri's face while talking to Elmo.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment