Thursday, March 7, 2013

Seven Hundred Thirty

Do you know what life was like 731 days ago?  I sure don't remember.  Life forever changed for me and Brent 730 days ago.  730 days ago, at 8:48am, Zuri Lane Schulz was born.  She has brought so much joy to our lives.  Words cannot adequately explain the love we have for her.  We have watched her grow into such a smart, beautiful, fun, and loving little girl.

To celebrate Zuri's 2nd birthday (2nd birthday......did I really just say that?!), we went to Scotty's Brewhouse for dinner.  Of course that is where Zuri wanted to go.  :o)  She had on her birthday outfit and got several birthday wishes!  She even scored a free dessert.  We also took in cupcakes to school so she could celebrate with her friends.  She told me she had fun.  I took tomorrow off so we can have a Mommy and Zuri day!

Pictures from today are at the end of the post.

What Zuri's up to right now:
  • She can say the alphabet.
  • She can count to 14.
  • She can count to 10 in Spanish.
  • She knows her colors and is all about asking, "What color?"  I encourage her to tell me the colors!
  • She loves Doc McStuffins, Special Agent Oso, Sophia the Princess, Minnie, and so on!
  • She loves all her babies and has to have at least 15 of them in the bed with her.
  • She puts her babies in her chair to feed them and says, "Hungry, baby?"
  • She puts her babies in the toy storage container (after dumping all the toys on the floor that were stored in said container) so they can nap.
    • She turns out the light in the living room when the babies nap and tells me and Brent, "Shhhhh!  Baby sleeping."
    • Her babies only get a 10 second nap.
  • She says, "Check your diaper, baby?  Diaper change, baby?" and proceeds to undress the babies to check the diaper.  After checking the diaper, Zuri says, "Shewee!  Stinky baby!!"
  • She is into playing Hide-N-Seek which basically means we hide under the covers in Mommy and Daddy's bed and wait for the other parent to find us.  It's very difficult to find Zuri because she squeals with excitement is quiet as a mouse while hiding.
  • She can work my iPhone and Brent's iPad better than some adults I know.
  • She loves to play "Money in the Bank" which means she suckers politely asks someone for money to put in her piggy bank.
  • She loves to sing.  Her favorites are "Twinkle, Twinkle", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Jesus Loves Me", and "Wheels on the Bus".  I love to listen to her sing!
There's so much more I could write about, but I will leave it somewhat short.  I'll end with a short note to Zuri and pictures (I know that is what you all care about most!).  :o)

Zuri Lane,

You have no idea how much Daddy and I love you.  We never understood when someone said, "I can't remember life without my child(ren)." until the exact moment you were born.

You amaze us daily.  You are such an intelligent girl.  We have no doubt you will do great things in your life. 

We love you more than words can say.

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

Good morning, Birthday Girl!!

The Birthday Princess at school.

Eating her free dessert from Scotty's Brewhouse.

Opening her gift from Mommy and Daddy.


Jake, Stuffy, Chilly, Stickers.....YAY!!!!

Mommy, Daddy, and the Birthday Girl.  (Oh...and Chilly and Stuffy)

Being silly

Using her new bath crayons.  :o)

1 comment:

  1. Zuri you are such a beautiful little princess and I could not imagine my life without you. Grandma Newbold loves you! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete