Monday, April 28, 2014

Terrible Twos or Threes?


So.............the person who dubbed the twos as terrible, obviously wasn't a woman with an independent stubborn THREE year old daughter.  I would argue that there is no such thing as terrible twos.  Rather, there are terrible threes! 

Sunday started out okay.  We went to breakfast, grocery store, and then back home until Grandpa & Grandma Schulz came by for lunch.  We went to lunch and then came back home and let Zuri open her Easter Basket from Grandpa & Grandma.  Opening that basket was totally dependent on how she did at lunch.  She did okay, so we let her open it.  Zuri was overall okay until we had dinner with Andy, Anne, & Bri.  She is in the "everything is mine" stage.  Bri got on the middle swing --- Zuri wanted it.  Bri was reading a book --- Zuri wanted it.  Zuri would tell Bri it was all hers and she couldn't have it, etc.  Bri would get upset.  I would put Zuri in timeout and she would get upset.  This went on THE.ENTIRE.TIME they were there.  After they left, I locked myself in the bedroom and laid down.  I couldn't handle her attitude anymore.  Brent was great.  He cleaned up and kept Zuri occupied.  Zuri went to bed okay (no fight) and I told her that if she stayed dry overnight, she could have the stroller back that I took away.  Brent got her up in the morning to go to the bathroom and then I woke her up for the day an hour later.  She was dry which made me one happy mommy!!!  Zuri and I are going to make a sticker chart after work/school tonight so that at the end of the week, if she has filled up the chart, she can get the baby doll play set she saw at Meijer. 





Despite the last half of Sunday being stressful, this morning was good.  Zuri was very sweet, caring, and kind.  I also realized that Brent WILL be fine handling all the extra responsibilities that will go along with my return to school in the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment