Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sick Baby.......

The past few days have not been our best.  Zuri's cold turned into her not eating or drinking.  We were worried about dehydration so we went to the ER last night --- in the crazy snow.  Thankfully my dad has a diesel truck and came up here to pick us up and take us a couple miles down the road to the ER.  After getting medicine for nausea, Zuri finally ate applesauce and had some water.  Most importantly, she kept it down.  We were discharged and advised to follow up with her pediatrician the next day (today).  We saw the pediatrician this morning and found out Zuri has a double ear infection.  I have no idea how her ears could have looked fine Monday and yesterday and now infected, but the doctor said it's common.  We have numbing drops to help with the pain which should help her want to eat.  We also are on antibiotics.  She didn't do much today other than sleep.  She ate some applesauce a couple hours before bed and had close to 14 ounces of water throughout the day.  We are hoping she turns the corner tomorrow after having a day's worth of antibiotics in her.  I am thankful to my bosses for being so understanding about this an allowing me to work from home today (I made it in for an hour before I had to leave for the appointment).

Since Zuri couldn't go outside and play in the snow, Daddy made a miniature snowman for her.

At the hospital...

With Papaw at the hospital...

Zuri playing at the doctor's office.

She had a smile for about an hour today.

The rest of the day, she was like this.  :o(

1 comment:

  1. Omg hoping zuri (zuyi) feels better it just breaks my heart see her sick, poor baby get well soon I miss you...<3

    ReplyDelete